Tuesday, June 1, 2010

THE CITY OF VIOLENCE (2006)

A police detective returns to his hometown to attend the funeral of a childhood friend. While there he senses that something isn't right and with just a little bit of detective work he discovers that indeed there is some wrong shit going on. Now it's up to him and another childhood friend to kick a couple of hundred dude's asses at a local restaurant. Sadly it over an hour into the movie before the badass fight scene happens.

The final fight scene is impressive, but by that time my brain had checked out completely and I really didn't give a f what happened or who won I just wanted something to happen to wake me up!

If this comes on TV then it'd be worth watching, I guess, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it or even waste a rental to see it. Skip it: there is absolutely nothing in this movie you haven't already seen elsewhere.
That dude in the black lands on his face!