Tuesday, May 24, 2011

INCEPTION (2010)

Angus McCootybritches is the world's most highly skilled dream theft. But he can't just get into your dreams using hocus pocus.  No, first he has to, in the real world, get a hold of your body, then put you under and infiltrate your noggin. One day, a super rich dude employs him to implant an idea into somebody's noodle. People say it can't be done, but Leo knows it can, because he once implanted an idea into somebody's mind and, well, it worked a little too well. Fast-forward some and Leo has assembled his top-notch crew of dream warriors to sneak in and go multiple layers down into the target's brain.

I liked the movie alright, but I kept expecting more.  I was also very disappointed in just how boring the dreams were! I dream about all kinda of wacky shit: rats with mechanical legs chasing me down the cereal aisle at HEB; an intellectually disabled samurai taking a shit on a child's birthday cake; a demon-possessed pot hole that chases cars down and kills people; Leatherface chasing me around my kitchen with his chainsaw; Jesus getting beaten to death in the restroom of a Waffle House by an assassin boxing kangaroo; Stanley Kubrick being alive a directing this movie; people filming a big budget zombie movie getting attacked by real zombies, but never just sitting around in the bar of a hotel talking.  Then again, I'm a worthless piece of shit that should have been shot to death with a shotgun as soon as I came out of the womb, so what do I know?

Mildly entertaining, but it definitely could have been better.