Friday, August 5, 2011

SONG OF THE THIN MAN (1947)

I'm just not feeling this one. Nick and Nora attend a party aboard a gambling boat and there's some turmoil between some of the guys in the band over a girl and money. Naturally somebody gets blasted and Nick is on the case.

I don't know what is was exactly, but this movie was a complete bore. I disliked it when I first saw it years ago, so I revisited it yesterday and it still stunk. The mystery isn't compelling, there's nothing moving the story forward, all of the characters are boring and the fucking kid has way too much screen time. Honestly, I wish they would have just ended the THIN MAN series at part 5 and instead of letting the series go out with a whimper. Skip it.

Part 1 - The Thin Man (1934)
Part 2 - After the Thin Man (1936)
Part 3- Another Thin Man (1939)
Part 4 - Shadow of the Thin Man (1941)
Part 5 - The Thin Man Goes Home (1945)

The last shot ever of Nick and Nora together.